Website and article inspired by Gloria Radisch
The Bohemian Spirit
Growing up as a free-spirited barefooted bohemian European child in a country with so much worldly culture and diversities was a blessing and a curse. The magical mystery tour of enchantment and enlightenment began in 1963 at the age of 7 upon our arrival in America via the’ Queenship’ Queen Elizabeth.
Remembering the matching outfits mother made with huge blue flowers, the white shiny patten leather baby doll shoes that echoed like a tap dancer on cobblestone and the humongous white bow that dangled like rabbit ears. Our luggage resembled old beaten down gypsy treasure chests full of memorabilia tassels and fringe. And then grandfather awaiting patiently with tears of joy wearing a feathered fedora gray hat standing beside a big shiny pink Cadillac that overwhelming aroma of white leather and cigars.
The only difference was that our neighbors in American had a different mode of transportation. They drove volkswagons with peace symbols and graffiti while our closest bordering neighbors in Romania rode in embellished wagons and absolutely stunning horses that shined like Christmas ornaments in a parade a picture perfect nostalgic moment.
The long-awaited journey was perfectly coördinated seemed to be the right time and place for a young free-spirited child to be. The era people came together in many groups inspiring creating a movement, spreading new ideas and changing the world.
The era with new elements of style and bold fashion statements with music full of energy and inspiration. The birth of mo-town music that stood on its own music that moved one’s soul and spirit inspired people by dancing in the streets. This magical era in time that seemed to define our own being of existence and individuality. An era when real interaction and communication did exist without silence where powerful voices carried
A moment in time that seemed like heaven opened the gates to gift these colorful precious children with flowers in their hair and give love peace and hope. They were just like myself free-spirited and barefoot. Today this is called “earthing” and is known to have beneficial health factors behind that theory. Long hair and bare feet was never an option this was a way of life.
A time for bell-bottoms tie-dyed -t-shirts and new attitudes. Bursting vibrant colors of paisley prints and mixed patterns, sleeves with endless flowing angel wings ready to take flight. Mother was a seamstress with a fashionable eclectic and flamboyant bohemian sense of style. She handmade and embroidered beautiful patches on those favorite yellow bell bottom hip-hugger jeans that were cherished for many years to come.
Yellow was a popular color in those days. The color of sunflowers and rainbows loved yellow. Guess inheriting mother’s traits and that bohemian European look from a small peasant village in Yugoslavia paid off when it came to fashion. And wholly jeans! still can still remember all the girlfriend’s mothers yelling out the door ” put some clothes on girls” “look like rag dolls heading to a corn festival”
Needless to say or little did my mother know that one day that style of fashion will be the hottest item selling today on the clothing racks at K-Mart.
Many people who observed these children often said they can actually see an aura around them called them free-spirited Rainbow and Indigo children depending on their age at the time.
9 Reasons why it isn’t easy being a free spirit
It isn’t easy being a free spirit in a harsh world they endure many hardships, trials, and tribulation.
- A free-spirit has great empathy for people and feels their pain as if it is their own
- Discrimination and hatred is not a part of their makeup plan or journey
- Free-spirited people will find the beauty in the ugliest of any situations that come their way
- When they fall they fall hard eventually they will slap the dust right of their jeans and start all over again
- A free spirit can’t be caught they bounce around like butterflies. They seek to experience life and spiritual comfort. Many times they do not know they are free spirits or even what they want however when they find it a free spirit will know it.
- They are inventive, creative and put a lot of effort trying to better themselves to be one with the world
- A free-spirited friend will be the first to show up in times of need trouble or hardship
- Free-spirited people have a difficult time finding a partner because they are strong and independent free-spirits see their partners as equals and not less, a free spirit is also difficult to understand their different theologies and unconventional ways and needs to be loved and accepted for who they are.
- Free-spirited people are pioneers a diamond in the rough that prefer a flower in their in their hair rather than gold around their neck.
Bohemian fashion is the hottest fashion on the market today and hard to find at your local department store. When it is available it is either relabeled or shipped from overseas and prices are marked up high. Also, keep in mind that labels that say made in the USA can be deceiving, more and likely the merchandise is imported from overseas. That is fine and well however you are paying triple the price.
The best place to shop for imported clothing is bohoglory.com.These clothes are absolutely beautiful with quality merchandise for a great price and the shipping is free. The companies we deal with are handpicked by customers ratings to be reputable honest, quick shippers and longtime business owners. These are 5-star businesses and no less.We have already done the footwork for you. This is our marketing strategy.
As with all imported merchandise shipping does take longer to reach the United States 12- 20 days. You will be able to see all the shipping details length of time and a guaranteed refund/ return policy. For comments and support please email email@example.com